Are you having a difficult time handling the struggles in your life?
Could you se a non-judgmental ear to listen, somebody who really understands what you’re going through?
Or do you wish you had more of a sense of community in your life, instead of feeling alone?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then group therapy could be the solution you’ve been seeking.
Group therapy is a form of psychotherapy in which one or more therapists treat a small group of people together.
Group therapy helps people work through problems by interacting with a therapist and a group of individuals with similar struggles. In a safe, confidential setting, each group member can share personal experiences, feelings and issues and receive feedback and support from the rest of the group.
Research clearly demonstrates the effectiveness of group therapy to treat a variety of conditions. Some of the benefits of group therapy include:
- A safe, supportive setting to discuss difficult emotions and experiences
- Less isolation and loneliness when surrounded by others with similar struggles
- Interactions with others quickly brings issues to the surface, allowing them to be resolved under the guidance of a therapist
- Improves self-awareness and motivation to change
- Feedback from peers can be highly influential
- Improves interpersonal and communication skills
- Builds trust and self-esteem
- Ideal setting to practice new skills and behaviors
To gain the maximum benefit of group therapy, individuals must be willing to participate. The more open and honest an individual can be, the more they can get out of the experience.
Group therapy is used to treat a wide range of disorders, including:
- Relationship problems
- Communication and social skill deficits
- Emotional trauma
- Low self-esteem
More Groups Coming Soon
check out our awesome groups Happening Now below
Click below to sign up today!